Since I have moved, I have not been doing very much cooking. The kitchen in my new apartment is a little smaller and a lot sleeker. It's not the kind of kitchen that screams "come cook in me" but lately I've been feeling the urge to cook more and more. Tonight I made something super simple. It doesn't require a lot of ingredients and is super healthy.
What you need
- 8-10 small/medium sized Carrots (organic)
- 5 cups of veggie or chicken stock (organic)
- 1 white onion (diced or sliced)
- 2 cloves of garlic (adjust to taste)
- 1 inch piece of ginger (peeled, adjust to taste)
- olive oil/salt/pepper (to taste)
What to do
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Skin and chop carrots into 1 inch pieces, put half of the chopped carrots and 1 garlic clove on a baking sheet and season with olive oil, salt and pepper. Let the carrots roast for about 25min or until lightly browned and soft.
2. Bring the stock to a boil with the onion, ginger and remaining carrots/garlic in a saucepan. let simmer for 15min. Then transfer mixture to a blender.
3. Add roasted carrots to the blender and blend until smooth.
Tip: Once blended feel free to add and blend more garlic or ginger if you prefer a stronger taste…..Garnish each portion with a drizzle of olive oil and pinch of salt/pepper. Enjoy!